Dr. Soma Ibrahim Ali has been working as an Assistant Professor with specialization in Mental Health Nursing. She is having 13 years’ experience in teaching for Undergraduate and Postgraduate students in Psychiatric Nursing, Psychology, and Psychiatric Medicine. She has been an External Examiner at different Colleges of Nursing in Egypt from 2018-2020. She also has been member of various college committees such as Library and carried out required tasks. She was the Chairperson of Graduate and Post Graduate Committee- Quality Assurance Unit from 2014-2020 in College of Nursing-Port Said University.
Dr. Soma has been the Junior Supervisor of three Master Thesis in Psychiatric Nursing and Obstetric Nursing specialty. She has National and International publications which emphasis on Schizophrenic Disorders and Child Psychology. Dr. Soma has actively contributed in workshops and courses at several National and International events in Egypt and UAE.
Areas of Interest:
- Schizophrenic Disorders
- Child Psychology
- Evidence based Nursing
- Psychiatric Medicine
- BSc Nursing from Suez Canal University, Egypt in 2006
- MSc Nursing in Mental Health Nursing from Port Said University, Egypt in 2013
- PhD Nursing from Port Said University, Egypt in 2017
- Helmy H, Ibrahim S, Mahmoud O, Goda A. Effect of Antenatal Nursing Interventions on Knowledge, Attitudes and Coping Strategies of Pregnant Women who Detected Fetal Anomalies regarding Congenital Anomalies. Egyptian Journal of Health Care, 2021; 12(3): 131-145. Doi: 10.21608/ejhc.2021.188215 [Link]
- Mahmoud A, Ibrahim S, Hafez A. Relation Between the Level of Hope and Functional Recovery Among Patients with Schizophrenia. Port Said Scientific Journal of Nursing, 2021; 8(3): 106-125. doi: 10.21608/pssjn.2021.65362.1090 [Link]
- Mahmoud A, Ibrahim S, Bassma M. Relation Between Quality of Life and Locus of Control Among Schizophrenic Patients. Port Said Scientific Journal of Nursing, 2021; 8(3): 244-266. doi: 10.21608/pssjn.2021.74066.1104 [Link]
- Ashery R, Ibrahim S, Mahmoud O, Ghazi G, Abdel Naby, H. Effectiveness of Progressive Muscle Relaxation Technique on Anxiety and Sleep Pattern among Newly Women with Breast Cancer. Assiut Scientific Nursing Journal, 2021; 9(25): 115-124. Doi: 10.21608/asnj.2021.72459.1158 [Link]
- El-Gilany A., El-Bastawesy S., & Ibrahim S. Knowledge, attitude and practices (KAP) of rural population about Covid-19: a Community-based Study in Talkha District, Egypt. Novelty Journal (ISSN 2394-7330). 2020; 7 (2), 525-32.
- Ibrahim S, Abdel-Fatah S, Mahmoud A, El-Sayad S. Effect of social skills training program on self- esteem and aggression among children in residential institutions in Port Said City. Arch Nurs Pract Care. 2018; 4(1): 007-013. DOI: 17352/2581-4265.000033.
- Ibrahim S, Abdel-Dayeem S, Youssef I, & Hassan H. Relationship between Emotional Aspect of Preparatory School Children and Their Exposure to Negative Life Experience. Alexandria Scientific Nursing Journal.2013; 16(1): 57-72.