Assistant Professor, Clinical Chemistry
Dr. Salah Eldin Omar Hussein
Dr. Salah Eldin Omar Hussein joined as Assistant Professor, Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences, College of Health Sciences, Gulf Medical University in January 2022 with more than 20 years of teaching and research experience in area of Medical laboratory Science with different academic positions in Sudan and Saudi Arabia. He has more than 20 publications (articles, chapters and books) in internationally recognized journals and publishers.
Area of Interest:
- Endocrinology and Infertility
- Cancer and Tumor markers
- Diabetes mellitus, Renal, cardiac and liver disease
- Cigarette smokers and Obesity
- Medical education
- B.Sc. Medical Laboratory Sciences – University of Science and Technology, Sudan 2003.
- Higher Diploma – Alzaiem Al-azhari University, Sudan-2005.
- M.Sc. Medical laboratory Science (Clinical chemistry) Sudan University of Science and Technology, Sudan 2008.
- Ph.D. in Medical laboratory Science (Clinical chemistry), The National Ribat University, Sudan 2015.
- Member of Saudi Heart Association, (e-Certificate, ID: 00400910459375- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- First Consultant (Clinical chemistry) in Medical laboratory Science, Registration No: 04030723, National Council for Medical and Health Professions- Sudan.
Selected Research articles:
- Ghada A ElfadIl, Abdelgadir Elmugadam, Rasheeda A Saied, Salah omar Hussein. High Sensitive C-reactive Protein Level in Relation to Increased Body Mass Index among Non-diabetic Non-hypertensive Women. DOI: 10.7860/JCDR/2021/45887.14459.
- Fateh A. L. Rahman F. Magbool, Elamin Ibrahim Elnima, Shayoub M. E, Salah Eldin Omar Hussein. Antifungal and Phytochemical constituents’ study of Clove Oil from Syzygium Aromaticum. WJPLS, 2017, Vol. 3, Issue 10, 211-215.
- Salah Omar, Moawia Gameraddin, Faris Merghani, Jumaa Tamboul. Evaluation of bone fractures in smokers using calcium ions and alkaline phosphatase enzymes and supported with radiography. Journal of Applied Medical Sciences, vol.5, no. 2, 2016, 1-10.
- Salah Eldin Omar Hussein. Effect of cigarettes smoking on the serum levels of calcium and phosphate in Sudanese patients with bone fracture. Sch. J. App. Med. Sci., 2015; 3(8A):2773-2778.
- Salah Eldin Omar Hussein, Kamal Eldin Hussein Elhassan, Shamsoun Khamis Kafi.The impact of cigarette smoking on semen parameters in infertile Sudanese males in Khartoum. American Journal of Research Communication 2015: Vol 3(11).
- Salah Eldin O. Hussien, AbdElgadir A Altoum and Isam M Sadig. Determination of Lipid Peroxidation, Lipid profile and Vitamins A, E in Type ll Diabetes Mellitus. Egypt. Acad. J. Biolog. Sci., 7(1): 113 -119 (2015).